Wednesday 18 May 2016

Back to Our Roots

I was born far from where I now live, I was about 3 when my parents moved back to Saskatchewan after living in British Columbia for several years.  Several months ago we were at an antique show and found a Medalta piece from the city in which I was born.  Although the cup is a little battered it was simply the city name on it that captured my attention.


Charles was born and raised in Saskatchewan and
we have been lucky enough to find some pieces
from  his home town as well.










Where ever life leads you there are always many fond memories and stories from the place of your birth and childhood adventures  It is always exciting to find Medalta advertising from your home province knowing that they are fairly scarce.







We were recently at another antique show and saw some Medalta, brought some home, met some collectors and once again learned lots more about things we had not seen before.  There is still so much to see and so much to learn!










And the search continues.........





No comments:

Post a Comment